Brownfield System Integration
Project Name: Brownfield
Client: Obsidian Energy
Location: Rocky Mountain House, AB
Timeline: 2015 – 2019
Crimson Facility (Brownfield Facility Retrofits and Upgrades)
Crimson is a central Oil and Gas facility that successfully underwent a major upgrade to its aging control systems. The existing systems were unreliable and contributed to the recurring loss of production because of the downtime caused by the overall inefficiency and unreliability of these aging systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Combine the 3 existing independent controls systems (Allen Bradley, Delta V, Modicon 584 & relay controls) in to one integrated platform c/w distributed HMI system
- Integration of Gas Plant and Oil Battery into centralized HMI system
- VFD addition and integration for process controls
- Electrical engineering and design
- Instrument specification for the removal of pneumatic instrumentation
- Fiber optic network design
- On-site construction management, commissioning, start-up and operations support
Additions and Upgrades:
- Site Water Injection expansion electrical/controls design and integration.
- Butane Blending expansion integration.
- Pneumatic Propane Refrigeration system retrofit and integration.
Canadian Head Office - Calgary
Calgary AB, Canada
US Head Office - Denver, CO
Suite 600H, 1630 Welton Street
US Field Office - Gillette, WY
413 South Gillette Avenue